From our blog post, Which RV is right for me:
Travel trailers are probably the most popular option on our lot. They also are the majority of our inventory. Travel trailers come in a variety of sizes and styles, from teardrop to ones over 30′ long. Travel Trailers:
- Offer versatility. Some are quite simple and lightweight while others have several slides, multiple bed options, and outdoor grilling areas or kitchens.
- Are great for bigger families and often include great kid options like bunk beds.
- Have indoor showers, large holding tanks, and enough storage for full-time RVing.
- Travel trailers also often have awnings, which are great to have when you’d like to sit outside even when the weather isn’t so great.
From our blog post, 5 Questions to Ask Before you Buy an RV:
It’s best, when you decide you’re interested in an RV, to sit down and think through some basic questions before you begin your search. Otherwise the process of shopping for an RV can be overwhelming! There are so many brands, types and options out there that being able to narrow down your choices before you start can save you time and headaches!
1. What will I be towing this with? Your tow vehicle will help you narrow down your search for an RV. If you’ve only got a small SUV or van, you’ll be looking more at teardrop trailers or pop-up campers. If you’ve got a ¾ ton truck you’ll be able to tow a 5th wheel and or larger travel trailers. So start with that question: what am I towing this trailer with? This way you won’t waste time looking at trailers that you can’t tow.
2. How often do I plan to camp? Are you planning to RV full-time? Is this mainly going to be used for 3 or 4 trips a year to the lake? Are you an every-weekend camper? Knowing the length of most of your trips will help you decide on options like a full shower, outdoor shower, larger fridge, and full-time bed.